Site Meter

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Man I would like to see capitol police Frisk Frist

Doctor Senator Frist MD chose to release classified information. I'm sure the White House will be as eager for an investigation of him as they were for an investigation of O'Neill for showing the cover of an FOIA released document that the Treasury department council mailed to him.

from Reuters Via atrios and Spadehammer

"Frist, a Tennessee Republican, said there appear to be contradictions between what Clarke told a pair of congressional panels two years ago and what he said this week before a bipartisan commission investigating those attacks.

"Mr. Clarke has told two entirely different stories under oath," Frist said on the Senate floor.

He quoted Clarke as telling Congress behind closed doors, "the administration actively sought to address the threat posed by al Qaeda during its first 11 months in office." "

I think there is no need to point out that the Clarke "quote" would be a non perjurous way to say "al Qaeda related action activities".

I notice I almost missed something (no kidding I'm tired) the slippery subtle number 11.

In case anyone else is as out of it as I am, I should point out that the first 11 months of Bush in office ended on December 20 2002 and Clarke made the shocking claim that, by attacking Afganistan, the Bush administration attempted to address the threat posed by al Qaeda.

[update]
looks like someone was as out of it as I was. Someone typing at Reuters. Josh Marshall quotes Frist as saying "first 7 months in office." I didn't save a screen shot of the reuters article.]

No comments: